Vogue Hair Studio
BIG JOHN'S TOWN CENTER (239) 945-6717
1219 Cape Coral Pkwy E
This program is a win/win!
You must be a "go getter" that is able and willing to jump right in without too much direction, you must have a sense of humor, be able to take constructive criticism, and you must be willing to learn. Please call for current openings in my volunteer schedule to see if any of my avail hours work for you.
What YOU will experience:
- An open door into a busy salon setting.
- On going In-Salon Educational Classes.
- Successful Marketing Techniques.
- Observation of some of the Best Designers in the Industry (Cuts, Styling, Coloring, Retexturizing, Thermal Straightening, Gel toes, Nails, Waxing, Extensions Up-Do's, etc.).
- Student allowed Hands on.
- Phone Etiquette.
- Stylist Etiquette.
- Client Handling Practices.
- Client Scheduling Practices,
- Client Confirmation & Client Follow-up Strategies.
- Shampoo, Conditioning & Scalp Massage Techniques.
- Managing inventory.
- Get into the good habit of basic daily Salon Clean-up practices.
- Commission Paid Stylists vs Booth Rental Stylists.
- Added Job Experience on your Resume.
- Meet new people and Stylists.
- Potential to move up into a Hair Designer's position.
What WE require of YOU:
- Pay close attention & keep an open mind.
- Ask questions when able & Learn something new each day.
- Smile and greet each customer.
- Answer the phone, answer questions & schedule appointments.
- Offer drinks to clients.
- Make coffee.
- Sweep up between clients.
- Shampoo Clients when needed & possibly Blowdry Clients.
- Wash, fold & put away towels.
- Confirm upcoming appointments.
- Fill back bar Shampoo & Conditioners.
- Make a list of things we need.
- Straighten up.
- Weed out old magazines when they start piling up.
~Please note this Apprenticeship Program compensates Hair School Students with valuable experience and education by some of the most educated Hair Designers in the industry. There may be some Stylist and/or Clients that "tip out" our Apprentices, but there is no regular pay schedule for this program at this time.