Vogue Hair Studio
VOGUE NOW OFFERS MASSAGE!!!
VOGUE NOW OFFERS MASSAGE!!!
Brenda Appleby NOW offers 60 min & 90 min massage AT VOGUE HAIR STUDIO!!! She practices impeccable cleanliness standards for your safety and hers. Brenda will ask that you wash your hands upon entry to her Studio before receiving a massage. She wears a mask during our current viral conditions and asks that you wear a mask during your massage when face up on the massage table (your mask may be removed when face down). Give Brenda a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Brenda’s introductory (any first time visit) & monthy rates (book at least one massage monthly) are very competitive at only $49/hour (reg. hourly rate $55). Back cupping can be added on to any massage session ($5-$15). Your first 90 min massage or monthly 90 min rate is $85 (reg. $95).
*If you have difficulty finding a time that works for you please contact Brenda directly as she offers evening & weekends on request.
cell = 563-579-1196
Vogue = 239-945-6717
THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE:
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. Massage may also help with Insomnia related to stress, myofascial pain syndrome, and soft tissue strains or injuries.
Massage therapy from a licensed practitioner can:
~Lower stress. The long-term effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls. Massage therapy may relieve stress and conditions associated with it, such as tensions headaches.
~Increase immune function. Medical research indicates that massage therapy can help boost immune system strength by increasing the activity level of the body's natural "killer T cells," which fight off viruses.
~Boost mental health and wellness. Research suggests that symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression (all associated with mental health) may be directly affected with massage therapy.
~Manage pain. Pain can negatively affect a person's quality of life and impede recovery from illness or injury. Recent findings highlight the role of massage in pain management.
~Improve physical fitness. Elite and recreational athletes alike can benefit from massage therapy-massage can reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.
THE BENEFITS OF CUPPING:
- Cupping is a safe, traditional treatment that helps resolve chronic muscle tightness and pain faster than massage therapy alone.From Olympic athletes to pregnant pop-stars, people are rediscovering the benefits of cupping. Maybe you’ve even seen people at your gym or swimming pool with those tell-tale red circles on their backs and shoulders. It’s becoming more common for people to request cupping to relieve chronic muscle soreness. But did you know that cupping can be used to treat many other complaints?
-Cupping increases circulation. The suction from the cups increases circulation to the area where the cups are placed. The additional blood flow to that area can help relieve muscle tension and promote cell repair. Increasing circulation with cupping also helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Cupping encourages tissues to release toxins. Yes, you do have organs that remove toxins from your blood. But the modern lifestyle overloads your body with toxins. Cupping gives your body a boost in releasing those toxins. Focused blood flow helps your body by flushing built-up toxins through the lymphatic system. (Your lymphatic system is responsible for eliminating your body’s toxins and waste.)
- Cupping reduces anxiety. When your therapist glides the cups across your skin, your parasympathetic nervous system engages. This promotes deep relaxation to move through your entire body. (Your parasympathetic nervous system is responsible for slowing your heart rate, assisting in digestion, and increasing intestinal and gland activity.)
- Cupping can reduce stretch marks and scars. Increased blood flow enables your body to dispose of toxins, restores lymphatic circulation, and helps remove edema (excess fluid), which helps reduce the appearance of scarring. Studies have shown the positive effects of cupping on stretch marks and scars even in areas that are far from the area where the cups are applied.
- Cupping can improve varicose veins and spider veins. Varicose veins look like bulging, bluish veins just under your skin, usually on legs and feet. They happen when the valves inside the vein aren’t working properly—the valves don’t effectively push the blood from the muscle back to the heart, so the blood congests and the veins twist and bulge. Cupping helps by bringing fresh blood flow and oxygen back to the problem areas. You’ll notice your varicose veins appear lighter after your first session, though it will take a series of cupping sessions for lasting results. (Note: only dry, not wet, cupping is recommended for treating varicose veins.)
- Cupping can clear congestion and help treat asthma. Congestion (the buildup of fluid or phlegm in your lungs) caused by a cold, bronchitis, or even asthma can be treated with cupping. The suction from cups breaks up and expels congestion. It brings oxygen rich blood and lymph toward your lungs and your other respiratory muscles. Cups are usually placed on your back, but may be placed on your chest as well. Your therapist may leave the cups in place, or may gently glide them in an upward motion to facilitate the movement of the lymph fluid. Facial cupping can also be used to help unblock your sinuses.
- Cupping can clear colon blockages and aid digestion. Cupping helps to engage the parasympathetic nervous system, which increases blood flow to the digestive tract. Gentle cupping over the abdomen also stimulates the insides of your digestive organs. It aids in peristalsis (contractions that push food through your digestive tract), helps clear colon blockages, encourages blood and body-fluid to move through your organs, and helps relieve indigestion.
Wondering if cupping could work for you?
Give Brenda a call or ask during your next massage session. You can choose to have a cupping-only session, or add cupping on to your therapeutic massage. The benefits of cupping increase over time—consider a monthly massage with cupping for added benefits & savings.